Code: PHP033 | Posted on: November 2, 2018 (Fri) | Closing Date: December 31, 2018 (Mon)
We are looking for an experienced Chef to join us in delivering the ultimate food experience; a chef who loves experimenting with food, using his/her creativity to create an exciting café menu – Asian and fusion food, healthy salads with a twist….and more… The café is a wonderful light airy space, with a lovely alfresco seating area; a perfect place for breakfast or lunch, or to relax and unwind and meet up with friends over coffee and the modern tea experience.
What you will do:
What you will do:
- Collaborating closely with the management to create and execute exciting menu for the newly launched café.
- Protect kitchen assets and facilities by ensuring all kitchen members adhere to operational guidelines and standards, compliance with all safety and security policies, the proper functioning and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Managing the kitchen inventory management process with a tight rein on cost and margins.
- Supervise all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and café standards.
- Plan and execute the scheduling and deployment of staff, ensure that all team members work effectively together within their roles to provide superior food quality and meet speed of service and productivity goals.
- Provide regular training and make use of feedback to identify potential for improvement.
- Culinary certificate or degree or equivalence in work experience required.
- Possess minimum 2 years’ experience as a chef in both Western & Mandarin Kitchen.
- Ability in baking and pastry making is an added advantage.
- Possess strong knowledge in food preparation, presentations, different cooking techniques and quality standards.
- Able to come up with SOP’s for the kitchen operations.
- Able to motivate and manage a team of kitchen staff.
- Have a strong passion for food and cooking.
- A strong grasp of knowledge and care of culinary equipment, supplies and materials.
- Must be team-oriented, customer-focused and positive-minded.
- Hands-on, requiring attention to detail and a positive work attitude.
- Willing to work in Kota Damansara.
Positions Available: 1